Trackerry offers advanced approach in terms of domain control. As you can see in the Domains tab , we developed 3 separate types of domains in order to keep your traffic flows secure and predictable. We have already purchased some free domain names so that you could get started with tracking as soon as your install is ready, but still we highly recommend linking your own domains to your account for safety reasons.
- Why is it important to change default domains to your custom ones?
First of all, free domains are hosted on the same ip, and we will need some time to switch it for you in case it gets blacklisted or banned by Google. Secondly, you might need a custom site address for your specific offers - this can affect CR drastically. Also it would be a good idea to have at least 3 domains at the same time. For example, 1 gets flagged and you still have 2 more on backup in rotation so at least 66% of your traffic won't be blocked and it will give you time to manage your campaign settings.
- Delivery domains: the ones that actually make the campaign creation process possible: each campaign link has the Delivery domain as a basis)
- Landers delivery domains: used by Fabric landers for generating tracking links. You can put as many delivery domains in your landers as you wish, they will rotate one by one.
- Static domains: will be connected to our dedicated web hosting, which stores your static files for Fabric landers. Also possible to use as many as you wish simultaneously.
Setting up your custom names:
- Step 1: Copy your unique CNAME to clipboard
- Step 2: Go to your domain settings (example given with Namecheap interface)
Make sure you have CNAME record pointed at @ host, value is your personal CNAME, standard TTL is 30 min
- Step 3: Go back to Trackerry and click
- Step 4: Enter your domains 1 per line and click OK
Important notice: Sometimes DNS Propagation takes up to 24 hours, so if you don't see the green tick at the CNAME status, don't worry, servers just need a bit more time for the changes to take place.
Once your new domains are marked green, it means that all settings are correct and your account is ready to serve ads with your new custom links. Congratulations, you are all set!
Delivery domains, Landers delivery domains and Static domains are configured the same way.
Configure different domains for each type (Delivery domains, Landers delivery domains, Static domains)